Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ukulele Mama

Recently my Mom came out for a visit from Alabama. She didn't have a banjo on her knee but she did have a chalkboard ukulele in her hands. For the record, she's not from the South. She's a Minnesota Swede through and through. She headed south from California to be closer to my sister and her family. Mom has been keeping a round robin letter going with her friends since they graduated high school. What started with ten ladies is now down to three. They are still keeping in touch although often via email. I miss having my mom near me, but she does come out for an annual visit. She's a great mom, too. Our visits always include a trip to Hodad's for the best burger in America. She loves hamburgers. And speaking of love, I love my mom. Thanks for being the greatest mom around! Here she is contemplating all things ukulele in the shade of the bodhi tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment